Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'Get Reel' Project

           I've worked within the broadcast industry for several years now, mostly in educational television, as well as on my own personal projects, but I still do not have enough of what I consider impressive footage for an all-out-spectacular reel! So, I have proposed a project for myself, for the year of 2011, to document my technique experimentation and progress in building an eye-catching reel to promote myself in attempts to land a job with a travelogue production crew (e.g. Globe Trekker (Lonely Planet/Pilot Guides), The Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and the like...).

            Over the next year, I will be testing and reviewing new gear and techniques as well as documenting my adventures and keeping a production blog of other gigs and projects I become involved with. It is through my efforts throughout this next year that I expect to enter 2012 with an impressive, eye-catching reel that will put me ahead of the game and help me land my dream job. I affectionately deem this my 'Get Reel' Project. I welcome you all to follow along, suggest projects, and review my progress over the next year and, what I hope will continue on to be a career of learning and growing within the field. Stay tuned!

[Eric Sever]


No comments: